Working with us
We are committed to ensuring that fair and transparent payment practices are adopted across all of our projects. Fair payment is an essential factor that underpins successful collaborative working and excellent outcomes for all stakeholders. We uphold ‘Fair Payment’ commitments within our framework contracts and believe that:
- Companies have the right to receive correct full payment when they are due.
- Deliberate late payment or unjustifiable withholding of payment is neither ethical nor acceptable.
- ‘Fair Payment’ applies equally between the client and lead contractor and throughout the supply chain.
- The process should be transparent so that the supply chain can secure confidence in the amount and timing of payments.
- All contracts should operate on an ‘open book’ basis, where applicable under the framework.
- The correct payment will represent the work properly carried out, or products supplied, in accordance with the contract. Any client arrangements for retention will be replicated on the same contract terms throughout the supply chain. Any withholding of payment due to defects or non-delivery will be proportionate and demonstrably justified in line with arrangements made at the time of contract.
- To ensure effective and equitable cash flow for all those involved, all contracts will provide for regular payments and have payment periods not exceeding 30 days.
Scape measures payment performance between parties and across the supply chain where we seek to continuously improve the payment process.
Scape does not permit any of its partners to deliver projects which involve Early Payment Schemes. Any scheme that requires supply chain members to pay a financing fee to receive funds, is unfair and unjustifiable.