Lea Fields Crematorium
I am particularly pleased that our facility has been delivered on time, on budget and to a high standard."
Cllr Giles McNeill | Leader, West Lindsey District Council
The design & construction of a new crematorium in the West Lindsey District to cut waiting times and provide a service in the geographical area.
The new building incorporates a chapel, offices, kitchen area and reception rooms. External landscaping works comprising a Book of Remembrance, a reflection pool and car parking.
- Flexible chapel for small and larger services able to cope with up to 100-150 mourners.
- A waiting room with a view
- A covered external waiting and spill out space, protected from vehicle access.
- Circulation around the site eliminating cross over in services.
- Adequate car parking and access roads.
- A garden of remembrance, Chapel (Book) of remembrance room and floral tribute
- Outstanding staff facilities to support the services on site.
- An energy efficient building.
- A calm, reassuring and reflective environment.
- Two flow traffic access to the site and throughout
There was a large amount of excess rainfall in July and November, which delayed essential works and put the project behind programme. Our dedicated supply chain partners made up for lost time by altering the sequence of the interior works ensuring the crematorium was handed over on time.
The centre had it's grand opening on January 10th and was opened for use the following day.
A state of the art facility has been delivered with modern yet serene elevations, a spacious and elegant chapel which uses height to create a welcoming and spacious feel and landscaping which upon arrival draws the eye from car park to the vast porte-cochere then up the hill to the Book of Remembrance and Mulberry memory tree. Lighting of these areas has played a big part and creates a visual pathway to which the eye is drawn.
Local labour within 40 miles
Local spend within 40 miles
Social value generated
Supporting young people into work
Related Case Studies
Sterile Services, Liverpool
Development of a new hospital department for Liverpool City Council.
Houghton Primary Care Centre
This Care Centre combines health, social, sports and leisure facilities.